Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is one of my favorite holidays. I'm a big believer in living with an attitude of thankfulness. I try to live in thankfulness and not take normal things for granted. I've written lists of things that I'm thankful for for a few years now; you can read them here: 2008, 2009, and 2010.

In 2011, we've seen God do some amazing things. I'm thankful for so much, but I'm going to [attempt] to keep it to my top 5 things!

1. I'm thankful for Jesus. I write this every year, but every year, I'm more and more thankful for Him. I'm thankful for Jesus, His grace, His mercy, His love, and His forgiveness. His faithfulness blows me away. This year has been full of God's blessings.

2. I also repeat this one every year, but I'm more and more thankful for my husband as everyday passes. Daniel is such an amazing husband. As we've been married for 3 1/2 years now, God teaches me daily about HIS love for me through how Daniel loves me. Daniel spoils me, lives to make me happy, and is an incredible man of faith.

3. I'm thankful that in this year, we've seen two family members healed of cancer! God's healing power has been with us this year and it has been remarkable to experience.

4. I'm thankful for my family. I've been blessed with amazing parents, sister, grandparents, and in-laws. All of them are the light of my life. The past few months have been especially hard for me, as I've desired so strongly to move back to the Upstate, SC. I've learned more than ever this year why God has us in Charlotte now. We're here because we are 1 hour from my grandparents and just under 2 hours to my parents and sister (and only 9 hours to Dan's family, which is really so much more bearable than 12!) Being able to see them a little more often has made a big difference in our lives.

5. I'm thankful for what is next. Life is pretty amazing right now, but the best is yet to come. God has some big changes coming for our family. We've got a big step of faith to take in the coming months. Although these steps are quite nerve racking, I know that in our most uncertain times over the past few years are the times that we've felt the most at peace and the closest to Jesus. I'm so excited to see what God does.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy some delicious food and lots of quality time with family and friends!

No comments: