Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving

I ran across my posts from Thanksgiving from 2008 and 2009 recently. With Thanksgiving coming up next week, I am teaching my students what it means to be thankful and thinking about all of the things that I am thankful for in my life. I really love this time of year. Some people make fun of me for putting up my tree and decorating for Christmas so early, but for me- I can't separate being thankful from the birth of our Savior.

I would write another list for 2010, but it would be very similar. I am very thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ- who has pulled me through quite a year. 2010 has had its share of many ups and downs (from our big move to Dan getting and losing a job to his mother being diagnosed with breast cancer to us having an even more amazing marriage to me getting a start to my career to us buying our first home). One thing that I've learned the most this year is how being content is an act of obedience to God. So many times this year, I've caught myself wanting something more or to change some aspect of life. Right before I was blessed with my teaching job, I realized what it truly means to be content. I had to be happy and content with where I was before God blessed me with something more. I am very thankful to be extremely content with life. God has blessed us beyond measure... and if He never gives anything else, he has already given the Best- His son. I don't deserve anything more. My Pastor said "If God doesn't give it, I don't need it." We're striving for that to me a common motto in our home.

Thursday night, I finished up the Thanksgiving menu. I must say, I am very excited about cooking again this year. My family suggested that we host Christmas this year. So, we're having our traditional Christmas Eve family get-together at our new home. I'm beyond excited!! This is my favorite time of year.... glad that everyone else is starting to get into the Christmas spirit too. :)

No comments: