Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm thankful for:

As I sat in the floor watching Christmas movies with my family on Thanksgiving night, I began thinking of all the things I am thankful for, thought I'd share a few:

1. I'm so very thankful for Jesus and his saving grace. Without him, I'd be living a life in guilt and shame, responsible for all of my sins, but because of him I've been made new and I've been forgiven and made clean! Praise Jesus!

2. I'm also very, very thankful for my husband. He's the best man I've ever met and we share a love that is overwhelmingly wonderful, unselfish, and beautiful. I am blessed just to know Daniel.

3. I am thankful for my family. I'm thankful for my parent's mistakes in the past and their journey through life that has taught me a lot about the way I should live. I'm thankful for my sister. She helps keep me young and reminds me of the importance of friendship. I'm also very thankful for my new family. My second set of parents, two older sisters, and two beautiful nieces that unfortunately live over 500 miles away, but are wonderful.

4. I am thankful for the opportunity to go to college and gain knowledge for what God has made me to do. I am thankful for the opportunity to apply for graduate school and to pursue another goal.

5. I am thankful for our home. We live in a small apartment, but its warm and its comfortable- much more than some have. I'm thankful that we have food and don't have to worry about where our next meal will come from.

6. I'm thankful for my family's salvation. I'm thankful that I can have peace knowing that this world is not the end, that God has big plans and that I will meet my family in heaven one day and we'll worship Jesus together for the rest of eternity. I'm also praying for quite a few of my family members, that they will come to know Jesus. I'm thankful, in advance, for the work I know God is going to do in their lives.

7. I'm thankful for my best friend. She's a constant encouragement and challenges me in my walk with the Lord. I didn't know what friendship was until I met her.

8. I'm thankful that Clemson won today! I think that I'm finally warm again and my toes have thawed out.

9. I'm thankful that God has chosen to bless me the way he has. I love every part of this life He has given me.





Our first Christmas tree :)


















This is the nativity that I wrote about in my last blog. It's my favorite decoration of all.

No comments: