Today is Wednesday! And you know what that means... it's What to Eat Wednesday! Wednesday is the day that I share a food with you that is super good for you and can easily be added to your every day diet.
Today's What to Eat Wednesday is...
You may already eat eggs on a regular basis. My husband eats them ALL the time. In the past, you may have heard that they weren't good for you because of the cholesterol, etc. New research has come out and said that the cholesterol in eggs is different than other kinds and that the benefits of eating eggs out weighs the small amount of cholesterol.
Just some of the health benefits of eggs that I found particularly interesting:
- They are really good for your eyes and your vision.
- One egg has 6 grams of protein- which helps keep you feeling full all morning.
- Most of the fat in an egg is healthy fat (and NO trans-fat!).
- Naturally contains lots of vitamin D.
- Eggs help improve the health of your hair and nails because of the sulfur in them.
So, this morning- have a couple of eggs! Enjoy them scrambled with some cheese, hard boiled, poached, or however you like. My favorite breakfast is two scrambled eggs, a piece of whole wheat toast with all natural peanut butter, and a glass of 1% milk. It keeps me full from 5:30 AM until lunch time.
Happy What to Eat Wednesday!
The article that was so helpful in finding these benefits can be found here.