Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Life as we know it...

We've been so incredibly busy the past few months. I've been working hard at graduate school. I'll be half way done in about two weeks. My official graduation date in May 2012. Unfortunately, Winthrop wasn't offering enough classes for me to take this summer to be able to graduate in December.

We've been busy working in our yard. It's been a lot of fun making it ours. We started a little herb/veggie garden. I grew up gardening with my parents and grandparents. I hated it then, but its so therapeutic now. The previous homeowners had rosemary, cilantro, and parsley growing. I thought that they died over the winter, but it all came back to life! I added tomatoes and peppers. I'm ready for lots of fresh salsa and fresh tomato soup.

We've also planted hydrangeas, blueberry bushes, and a blackberry bush. When we lived in Clemson, I visited the Happy Berry Farm almost twice a week. I knew that I was destined to have blueberry bushes once we owned a home... and now I have them. I don't know if they'll make blueberries this year, but I'm hoping!

Our family is coming in this Thursday. Dan's mom and dad are coming down to see our house. They haven't been able to come down since Christmas 2009, so its going to be so great to have them down. They haven't seen our new house or really Charlotte at all. When they came in 2009, we had just moved to Charlotte, seriously, 5 days before they came. So, we are really excited to just show them around Charlotte, take them to our favorite restaurants, and take them Elevation on Easter! It's going to be a fun weekend.

We also had the pleasure of having Vanessa Schrotenboer take our pictures as a gift to us. She's amazing! I'll leave you with couple of pictures.



No comments: