Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Blizzard of 2011

Here we are... on a SNOW day! It started snowing around 4:30 this morning and has not stopped at all. I don't think I've ever seen snow fall for this long in my whole life.

It's crazy to think that two weeks ago, we were enjoying snow. And one week ago, we had a cookout for lunch. Now, there is inches of snow on the ground again. I love snow and its always magical in the South. But, I am a Southern girl through and through, and I'm beginning to dream of Spring.

It's been a little bittersweet. Dan had to go into work today. We played a little bit this morning and made a big breakfast- so that helped make me feel better!

I do love snow, but as a teacher, it is different. I've been thinking of my students, hoping that their eating and warm, and thinking about how much we needed to get done this week in class. Overall though, I'm overjoyed to have an extra day off (maybe two!). I hope that you enjoy your day of snow, if you're in the area, and if not- soak up some sunshine for me!


No comments: