Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We're still youngins...

The past few weeks have been very bittersweet. We got some pretty terrible news regarding Dan's car (a very expensive problem... after we had a very expensive water leak in our house in September), we spent some time delivering gifts to families for HopeMatch(which was sad, but also heartwarming and touching), and we couldn't see my in-laws for the holidays. Among the sad moments, we had plenty of happy and extremely blessed moments. It's easy to get caught up in the the stressful or sad things. For me, I find it hard to forget about those things and focus on the things that really matter.

With everything going on, Dan has been doing an amazing job of keeping us focused on what the Lord has done for us and how He has been faithful in the past. I'm really focusing on remembering specific ways that the Lord has been faithful to us throughout our lives. One thing that has really stood out to me this week is how extremely blessed we are to be able to experience the things we do at our age. We're 23 and 24 and have been able to experience marriage for more than 2 and a half years now. At 23, we bought a house and are enjoying our home. At 22 and 23, we moved to a new city where we didn't know anyone- such an adventure! Jesus has been so very good to us and allowed us to experience things that a lot of people have to wait until their mid to late 20's to experience. If it weren't for Jesus, we wouldn't have been able to get married so young (and been able to make it financially). Along with each of these huge blessings, we've had trials, especially this year, but God has seen us through it all.

I'm so amazed at what God has done in our lives. It's wonderful for me to think about all that He has done in my life- and that I'm only 23 years old. I feel older sometimes, just because of where I am in life. We laughed today at our pictures from Christmas and said that this is the first year that we really look like adults in pictures. Amazing- we're pushing 3 years of marriage and we just now look like adults. Now I see why I get funny and confused looks when I tell people that I am married and how long I have been. :)

I can not say enough how good the Lord has been to us. I am learning to be grateful for the small things in life and to be extremely grateful for the big things. Jesus has allowed us to experience so many gracious blessings early in life. Dan has really taught me that if we focus on how God has been faithful in the past, we can have stronger faith knowing that He'll be faithful in the present and future to get us through the difficult times.


The best is yet to come...


No comments: