Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Birthday Boy!

My sweet husband is turning 24 tomorrow. I can hardly believe it. Even harder to believe- we had just begun our relationship when he turned 18. Every year we celebrate his birthday by going somewhere (usually a hiking trip), this year we're staying home. Amazing how much fun that can be, especially when we haven't been home very much at all the past few weeks. We are getting some work done around the house. There may be a few surprises coming his way. :) As tradition, I always make Dan whatever kind of dessert he'd like for his birthday. This year he requested my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake and Lime Bars. I think he's getting a little spoiled. His birthday is on 10.10.10 this year!


This is one of my favorite pictures of us. This was several years ago at a Clemson-Florida State Game. It was so much fun.... and Dan looks so young here! Must have been shortly after we were in college. I love the man that he has become over the years.

In tribute to my almost 24 year old husband- 24 reasons why I love him:

24. I love how much he loves Clemson and how we get to cheer for them together.
23. I love how handy Dan is around the house.
22. I love that he is so generous and the commitments he has made to be extremely generous for our lifetime no matter how the Lord blesses us in the future.
21. I love that Dan thinks I am the best cook and baker in the world. (Boy, have I got him fooled!)
20. I love that we both love hiking and would do it everyday if we could. (We miss living close to the mountains SO much)
19. I love how smart Dan is. Seriously, he is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. If I have a question about science, math, history, nature, you name it- he most likely knows the answer.
18. I love how modest he is about being smart. He would never admit it.
17. I love that Dan watches chick-flicks with me with no complaining. (And sometimes likes them)
16. I love that Dan watches nerdy tv shows me (Discovery channel, History channel, etc.... this could contribute to #19)
15. I love that Dan gives me "just because" flowers often instead of "holiday" flowers.
14. I love that Dan works out, takes care of himself, and loves my healthy cooking.
13. I love how we can have fun doing anything.
12. I love going on our weekly walks and holding hands.
11. I love how disciplined Dan is. If he says that he is going to do something- He always does it- no matter how simple it is. He is always true to his word.
10. I love that Dan has become a cat person!
9. I love that he always supports me in my career... especially on the really hard days.
8. I love that he can always cheer me up and de-stress me no matter what is going on.
7. I love that he is the leader of our family. He's makes respecting him so easy.
6. I love that he stays in the Word of God and has a lot memorized. This is another area that he is crazy disciplined in.
5. I love that Dan is going after his dream of playing golf professionally.
4. I love that Dan serves me and holds me as his standard of beauty. (As he said in our wedding vows.)
3. I love that Dan sees our marriage as the most important relationship on earth.
2. I love that he loves the Lord more than he loves me.
1. I love how much he desires God and follows Him daily.

There are so many more reasons why I love him- but I'll stick to 24. He is an amazing man and such an incredible blessing to me. I'm honored to be Dan's wife and so very blessed.

Happy almost Birthday to the most sweet, handsome, hardworking, Godly man that I know.

Now on to the baking.... :)

No comments: