Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Why am I surprised?

You would think that with Dan losing his job and my teaching job situation up in the air... that things would be stressful around our home. They are not. God's peace is peace that passes all understanding. I guess to non-believers or people who do not trust God, we should be very worried and very stressed out, but we're not. God has given us a peace that takes away worry and anxiety. It's great and I don't know how people do it without Jesus.

The Lord has also provided for all of our needs and most wants for the next few weeks. He has provided some great opportunities for me in the next few days. Through it all, I am so happy, thankful, blessed... and surprised. Why am I surprised that God would provide for us during this time? Why am I shocked by it? He promised that He would take care of us if we are faithful to Him with the finances and blessings that we already have and are given. I'm not sure why I felt like this. Maybe I'm not fully trusting. Maybe, I have the normal human mentality of "seeing is believing". Whatever the case, I was convicted. I know that Jesus will provide. When He does provide, I should point it back to the Lord and give Him all the glory. It shouldn't shock me, because He promised it... but I can be excited about it and tell everyone I know to bring Jesus glory and honor!

I am so thankful for all of you who pray for us. It is much appreciated. God's love, blessings, provision, faithfulness, and grace have been so overwhelming through this process. The biggest blessing of all... my husband. He amazes me with how He loves me and how He leads our family with such astounding faith and trust in Jesus. I admire him for that and I couldn't feel more secure knowing that He is in charge of our next steps in this adventure.

Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: