Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

God is still God and God is Good.

Well, over a week ago, Dan lost his job. It was very unexpected, especially since we just moved here in December for him to work there. So, here we are- both unemployed and I'm in graduate school.

And... the best part is... I couldn't be more at peace with where we are. God has given us the best friends and family who have stood behind us during this hard time and have been diligent in lifting us up in prayer. I am so thankful for those special friends who have been so helpful and encouraging every day since we got the news.

Dan and I have made some big decisions this week. God has given us a clear vision of what's next for our family. We are praying a Sun Stand Still prayer (Joshua 10) for our future. We are taking a risk and trusting God with the rest. Our pastor said "If your vision for the future isn't intimating to you, it is probably insulting to God." Our vision is definitely intimidating to us, but we know that it is God's vision! We believe that Dan losing his job will be turned to good (Romans 8:28) and we believe that God will be faithful to provide through this new journey.

I am so thankful for my husband. I am so glad that God chose me to go through life with him. During this past week, I've learned so much more about Dan and seen a side of him that I've never seen. I never saw him doubt God, I have watched him trust in the Lord without wavering. I'm so glad that he's leading our family.

All of this to say, please pray for us! We are so excited about this next chapter in our life together. We believe that God is going to do HUGE things through this decision. But, we are scared too. It is a big risk, but we know that God is the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2) and we only have to have the faith to start. God will finish through our first steps of faith.

The best is yet to come!

No comments: