Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

God is God and He is good.

Recently, God has given Dan and I such a peace about where we are in life right now. Over the past few months, we have been so blessed. We've moved to a new city, Dan has an amazing job, we found a new church that is wonderful, and we have made such great friends. Really, this place feels more like home than any place we've ever lived has. In the midst of all of the joy and happiness that we have, there is something that I feel like is missing.

I know without a doubt what my calling in life is. I'm called to be a teacher. I dream about it, I think about it all the time, I plan for my future classroom everyday. I think that my life would be complete if only I had a classroom of my own in a public school. But, God quickly reminds me that my life is ALREADY complete. He made it that way. Why do I get so disappointed about this one part of my life when God has so richly blessed me?

I know that in God's timing, I will receive the job that He wants me to have. I'm not going to allow my circumstances to determine my joy. God is my joy. God is my salvation. God is my victory. There are so many more important things in life than where I am working.

If God gives me a teaching job for August, God is God and He is good. If God does not give me a teaching job for August, God is still God and He is still good. He's already given me so much more than I deserve. I know that Jesus has my best interests in His mind. I know that God's plans for me are better than my own. I know that God will provide. I know that the best is yet to come.


"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. " Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments: