Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Teaching, the future, and in-laws...

I started student teaching yesterday! I'll be teaching two social studies classes starting Monday and then picking up two math classes in two weeks. My class is a little different, I teach two different groups of 5th graders. One is a higher achieving group and one is lower. I will teach the same material to both groups, just in a different way. In about a month I'll pick up one writing class and an enrichment class. I'm so excited, but already a little overwhelmed. I've already got plenty of things to do and my to-do list is extremely long.

I've been praying about grad school and, honestly, I have no idea what the future holds. The teaching job market looks pretty dim right now, but a quick reminder from my dad the other day helped me feel less anxious: God can open doors that no one else can. I know God has a plan for our future, I just have NO idea what it is. Which is exciting, but kind of terrifying too.... Dan will be starting his new job at Greenville Country Club next week! God is so good and never fails to provide when we need it.

My in-laws are coming to visit next weekend! I'm excited. They haven't been down to visit, except for the wedding, in almost two years. It's going to be nice to have them around for a few days and show them the area. Dan's parents are great. My husband's handy-work is great. We have a beautiful TV stand that he built and soon will have the awesome bookshelf that he built in August. (You can find a picture here.) We haven't had a way to transport it here, but they are bringing it! I'm so happy to finally get it.

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:31-34

No comments: