Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Joy to the World

I've been thinking about Christmas a lot lately. I love Christmas, almost as much as I love marriage, I would put my Christmas tree up now if I could, but Dan insists on the day after Thanksgiving. I could start listening to Christmas music now, but I think Dan would divorce me by September 21 if I did. A tradition of ours that we've done since our first Christmas together in 2004 is going to buy a Christmas ornament together. We've always done it after Christmas, since we are complete bargain shoppers. So last year, we went shopping two days after Christmas to find an ornament, but also a tree. We knew we'd be married this year and that we would need a tree. So we found the perfect size, without lights! because that takes the fun out of it, and got it for 85% off. There's nothing like getting a Christmas tree for $16. We've went shopping after Christmas the past four years and our Christmas decoration collection is quite large and all of it probably only costed $30- counting the tree! The thing is, I haven't been able to use the decorations at all, so I'm dying to get them all out! I can't remember what all we have, so its going to be so exciting!

The thing that I hate... this is the first year that I will not be playing "santa". My sister no longer believes in Santa. I'm still pretty sad, but I think that the rest of the holiday will make up for it. I love the season. I love being with all of the family. I love the music. I love the lights. I love buying birthday cakes for Jesus.

Maybe I can talk Dan into mid-November....

No comments: