Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We're going to Jamaica for our honeymoon. I've been starting to make a list of things that I can't forget. Like our passports, electricity converter, etc... I am so pumped about going. Its been almost 4 years since I've been out of the country. I can't wait to get out of here. There is something awesome about getting on a plane and leaving all of your comfort zones. Now granted, we're going to a resort geared for Americans and to a country where they speak English, but I've been talking to people who have been to Jamaica and I'm getting a little nervous.

I've heard that there are barbed wire fence around each resort and "don't take a Jamaican taxi"! I'm a little nervous about all the warnings, but SO excited at the same time. I LOVE learning about other people and other cultures. I love learning about them through their food and their music. Even though we'll be staying at an American resort, I'll definitely experience Jamaican food and music. We're planning on taking a few tours around Montego Bay and one to Ocho Rios. I'm so excited to learn more about this place.

Dan and I love to travel. We hope that we'll be able to travel outside the USA several more times during our lifetime. We want to travel the world. Thailand, Japan, Italy, Australia... :)

No comments: