Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Bring the Rain.


"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." -Helen Keller

My dad used this quote in his sermon yesterday. It made me think of this past semester. It was the hardest semester I have ever had. I worked two jobs and had enough homework, to keep me busy until around 9:00 at night. I had 8:00 classes everyday, so I was up before the sun came up. By 9:00, I was beat. On top of that, I was planning a wedding and trying to maintain a social life. This semester was tough. Many of my nights ended with my crying and my heart racing for no reason. Stress had me. My life had me, I didn't have it.

Through it all, I continued to pursue God and his promises. My spiritual life flourished even though the world around felt to be caving in. I learned so much about myself and about my relationship with my Creator this semester. When my dad read the quote yesterday during church, it hit me... I had had such a terrible semester and I was counting down the days until I could sit and enjoy one TV show, but even though life was hectic- God continued forming and working in my life. I'm a better person because of it.

I don't want to go through another semester like that and I pray that God will help me control my emotions and stress better, but that He would continue to work in my life. I think of Mercy Me's song Bring the Rain.

"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain"

God is good. I praise Him for this past semester. Even though life was tough, I brought God glory in everyway I knew how. I pray that I will continue to do so everyday of my life until the day I die and I meet my Saviour face to face.

No comments: