Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

facebook profile spirituality.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that really disgusted me. "God is my Co-Pilot". Why is He the Co-Pilot? Are you a better driver than God? I started thinking about the things I say about my relationship with Christ.

On facebook, there is a section for "religious beliefs". I've tried to fill this section several times, but after a few weeks I'm unsatisfied with what I had written. It's impossible to describe my beliefs with less than 50 characters. There is also the "about me" section that I have often filled with "I love Jesus" and other quotes attempting to describe my beliefs and relationship with Christ.

Should I have to write something on my facebook profile for people to know I love Jesus? Should I have to have a bumper sticker that tell that I am a Christian?

I guess another discouraging thing is that I read other people's religious beliefs and what they are proclaiming as "their life belongs to Christ" and exclaiming that they love Jesus more than anything, but then there is no evidence of that outside of their facebook profile or the bumper sticker on their car. I even see some that have these statements on their profile, but then have a curse word in a quote right below the "I love Jesus" statement.

I don't want to have to write how much I love Jesus on my facebook. I don't want to have to tell people that I'm a Christian. I want people to be able to look at my life and KNOW that Jesus is #1 in my life and that I love Jesus more than anything. If my actions don't line up with my faith, my faith is nothing.

No comments: