Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Pulled Pork

I've recently been introduced to Pinterest. It's a really fun website where you can pin things you like to different boards. Most of the time, I'm looking at recipes! I love so many of the ideas that I come across. Recently, I came across one for a pulled pork recipe. The recipe sounded delicious and I wanted to try it. However, it was pretty fatty (because of the pork butt) and I wanted to make it my own. You can read the original recipe here.

I substituted a pork tenderloin which is a very healthy cut of meat. I also substituted a diet Cheerwine to make it distinctively Southern. It turned out to be really delicious! Here is my own healthy twist on this recipe.

What you need to make this recipe:
1 can of Diet Cheerwine
2 tbsp. Lawry's Seasoning
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce
1 Pork Tenderloin
1. Remove the tenderloin from package and pat dry. Cover with the Lawry's seasoning.
2. Put the seasoned tenderloin, can of soda, and the bottle of BBQ sauce in your slow cooker.
3. Cook on high for 2 hours.


 4. Remove tenderloin from slow cooker and use two forks to shred pork.


5. Serve over rice or on a bun! Enjoy!

Not only is this recipe really delicious and healthy, this meal is also so easy since its made in a crock pot. It was definitely a hit in our house!

No comments: