Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Sewing

Recently, thanks to Pinterest, I've been in a really crafty mood. A few years ago, my great-grandmother gifted me with one of my most treasured possessions. She gave me her sewing machine that she taught me to sew on when I was little. It's from the 1930's and I'm just in love with it. When I first got it, I got a little obsessed with sewing and did it ALL the time. With my first year of teaching and being a full time grad student, my machine didn't get much attention throughout the year. Yesterday, I pulled it out and got to work. I made three new pillow cases to re-cover some pillows that we already had on our couch. I used fabric that my great-grandmother also gave me- so this project was free for me!

Here are a few shots of what I made:
I made these two slip covers to go over pillows that we already have. 
Both fabrics are from the 1960's.The fabric on the left is kind of hard to see. It's green, yellow, and orange flowers that are very small.

 This fabric is my favorite! I have a lot left and I'm thinking of making a shirt from it.

Here is an up close of the fabric. It's so cute!

This pillow isn't quite done yet. I'm going to add more buttons down the center, but you get the idea!
And of course, my Sadie was by my side. She loved all the fabric being everywhere.... as you can see!

No comments: