Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 down, 67 to go!

Dan and I have this little "joke". Well, it's kind of a joke, but it is a real goal that we have. He started it right before we got married and now I say it too. We have a goal to be married for 70 years. Today marks our 3rd anniversary, so we have 3 down and 67 to go!

I can not even begin to put into words how much I've loved our first 3 years of marriage. They have been an absolute blast. We've had so many adventures, new chapters, and have really just loved everyday life together. We've had hard days and we've had mountain top days. The best part of it all is that we get through them together. We're a team. We've said from the beginning that everything we do is teamwork. And I've really seen that come alive in our marriage over the years. We work hard together, we laugh together, we cry together, we mourn together, we rejoice together. Dan is the most thoughtful, Godly, serving man that I've ever meant. I always count myself extremely blessed just to know him, and so much more blessed to get the honor of being his wife.

Dan is truly one in a jillion. Someone once said that they were afraid that Dan and I would regret getting married so young once the honeymoon stage wore off. I can say now that I still don't know- because the honeymoon hasn't stopped yet! Married life with Dan is so fun, special, and sentimental.

3 years down, 67 to go!
The best is yet to come...

No comments: