Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My mom

Girls Weekend in Savannah, September 2010

Looking back about 3 years ago, my mom and I were not close at all. I was really close to my mom when I was little, but somewhere along the way in middle and high school, we just lost that relationship. But, something happened when I got married.

When I got married, my mom and I suddenly became good friends. I can't quite put my finger on what made that happen, but it did. Now, my mom and I are best friends. Besides Dan, she, my grandmother, and my Ridgecrest friend Erin, are the only people I consider my best friends.

My mom has always been a wonderful mother. She did an amazing job raising me. But, we have not always been friends, not that we should have been while I still lived at home. But, now that I am older and in the past few months, I've really come to appreciate the friendship that we've grown to have.

We've grown to have a relationship where we challenge each other spiritually and emotionally. I've grown to really respect her opinion. She is so much smarter when it comes to "life", marriage, and being a godly woman. These past few months have not been easy. It seems like its been one thing after the other. In the midst of that, my relationship with the Lord, Dan, and especially my mom have grown SO much.

Today, I spent 45 minutes just talking, laughing, and tearing up a little talking with my mom. It was such a blessing and I was reminded how lucky I am. My mom is such an intelligent, beautiful, godly woman and I'm so blessed to have her as my mother. I thank God for giving me not only a wonderful mother, but a best friend who will never betray me or forget about me. I will not take this for granted.

No comments: