Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas time

Ever since I was a little girl, I've just adored this time of year. My grandma used to pick me up from school and I would beg to go home and make Christmas decorations. Fast forward almost 20 years later... and I still love Christmas. I love to decorate for Christmas and listen to the music. I love all that Christmas brings.

Now, nothing of ours is matchy matchy. Our dishes are nothing short of quirky. I've collected special things from my family and purchased little things here and there that I love. It's just my personality. Our Christmas tree is the same. I've collected ornaments from family members and Dan and have purchased a lot together. Nothing matches and I don't have a color scheme. Since our very first Christmas together back in 2004, we've bought (at least) one ornament together every year. Its one of our favorite traditions. A lot of the ornaments on our tree have stories behind them. I thought I'd share a few of my favorites.

This ornament I painted with my grandma when I was 5 years old. She gave it to me this year.

This ornament is from my in-laws. The Christmas before Dan and I got married, they gave us a lot of Christmas decorations as gifts so we'd have them for the next year in our own home. They used to always get Dan and his sister ornaments with their names on them. Well, they obviously couldn't find my name, so they had one made for me.

This is the very first ornament that Dan and I got together in 2004. It was such a sweet tradition and I had no idea how special these ornaments would become over the years.

Dan got this ornament for me the first year we were married.

We recently got this ornament. Dan and I went to the mall and he stopped in and had this made while I looked at ornaments for family members.

The ornaments on our tree tell a story and brings old memories back to mind. No, its not a designer tree and it will never be featured in a magazine, but it fits us perfectly and makes us smile. It's been very fun decorating our home this year. It's amazing to think back to our first Christmas in our 519 sq. ft. apartment. The Lord has been so so good to us throughout these 6 years together- but the best is yet come.

No comments: