Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

6 years...

Tomorrow, November 12, will mark 6 years that Dan and I have been together! I had fun reading back through some of my old blogs and reading how far we've come... this blog from our 4 year "dating" anniversary made me smile. It's amazing how much more I love and care for Dan after 2 more years. The Lord has been good to us. I would say the exact same things in that blog again, but could add so much more about how I love and admire Dan now.

It's fun to think back to the night we met, September 11, 2004. We were seniors in high school. My, how we've changed and grown. There have been a lot of changes and growth in both of us- but we've always changed and grown in the same direction with each other.

It's neat to see where God has brought us, especially at our age. I'm so thankful to have met Dan so early in life and to share all the sweet memories that we have made over the past 6 years. We have a lot of friends who have been married the same amount of time as us, but are a few of years older. I'm so thankful for where Jesus has brought us and honored that He chose to do so while we were so young.

I brag on Dan a lot on this blog (because he's simply that wonderful)... so I won't do it now. Just know that he's amazing, has a huge servant's heart, loves God more than anything in this world, works incredibly hard, and treats me like a princess even though I do not deserve it. He is the biggest piece of evidence of God's grace in my life.

Our very first hiking trip together. This is what started our love of hiking. We were such babies...

Right after he asked me to marry him at our favorite overlook on the BRP.

Now in 2010!

Thankful for these wonderful 6 years- ready for many, many more.


The Lord has been so very good to me.

No comments: