Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What the Lord has set before me

Life has been crazy recently to say the least. School has been completely wearing me out... but so enjoyable. I still haven't figured out how that works. Just confirmation that I'm doing what God wants me to do. I've been working through graduate school this semester. I'm trying to continue working out 4-5 times a week. And I'm trying to remain focused on being the wife that Dan needs.... lots of responsibilities and then desires to relax, hike, and bake.

If you would have asked me 3 months ago if I would have been able to juggle my marriage, my first year of teaching (in an extremely rigorous school district), graduate school, my health/fitness, and my wants... I would have said "absolutely not". I would have never imagined being able to do all of these things. I've always been the kind of person who would rather do one or two things and do them well, than to do 5 or 6 and do them "ok". This week... I've realized that I've made it through about half of the semester and I'm not just hanging in there. I'm excelling at these things and feel like I'm doing them well.

God has really showed me that I can do so much more than I think I can. The reason being that I am in His will with all of things that I'm trying to accomplish and I have His strength. It is so encouraging to know that I am capable of doing much more than I thought possible. It makes me think of other things in my life that I think are nearly impossible (getting my PhD, other professional goals, raising godly, respectful, intelligent children, etc.). If I'm working towards goals that the Lord has set before me- He will see me through and give me the strength to do it and finish well. If I lived by my own expectations, I wouldn't be living a very exciting, fruitful life where I learn so much.

And... since I am always in my teacher mindset-I know that this relates to my students as well. They have no idea what they are capable of. If I set goals in front of them and make them work towards them, they will look back and see that they can accomplish so much more than they thought imaginable.

I am so thankful to serve a God that is always pushing, growing, and stretching me. Whether it is in a spiritual, professional, or relational way (and usually its all of these things at the same time)... He is always challenging me to become a better wife, teacher, student, and person.

Also, I couldn't do it without the support of my husband. He is always behind me after the long 12 hour work days and the nights that I have to write papers. He is a gift from God and the most amazing man of God that I have ever met.

No comments: