Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

South Carolinians and Snow

I'm sitting here on the couch, watching the rain and the temperatures fall, and praying for snow. We're supposed to be getting 2-4 inches today, but I'm skeptical. It's snowed all around us twice this year, but not even a flake here! I'm really praying hard though, I want to see the whole ground covered in white! I'm sure Walmart is a mad house right now- I'm sure people are lined up to get their milk, bread, and kerosene heaters!

My sister-in-law and her husband are coming down to visit in a few weeks. I'm really excited to show them around the area here. I love where we live. I've fallen in love with this little town of Pendleton (especially with the bakery) and how close we are to the mountains. There is nothing like the view of the mountains driving down 93 through Norris. I hope that the weather will be much nicer when they come. They are tired of the cold in Philly.

There was recently a fire in Jones Gap State Park. Dan and I go hiking there all the time. Rainbow Falls (the waterfall with the snow I posted in a blog a few weeks ago) is in that park. We have been trying to find out the extent of the damage, we know that about 350 acres were burned. We're hoping that it opens up by next week when our family comes down. I've been pretty upset about it, I hate that such a beautiful place could be destroyed.

Nevertheless, God is so very, very good.

No comments: