Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Store up Treasures in Heaven.

My parents have been bugging me lately about what I want for Christmas. I have really thought about it a lot... and still nothing. I can't think of anything that I want or need for Christmas. My dad called me yesterday to ask again, and I still didn't have an answer.

The truth is, Dan and I don't have a lot of money. I haven't bought anything for myself in a few months. And yet, when there are tons of things that I could want, I have no desire for any of it. I see people with iPhones, GPS systems, the nicest jackets, the coolest shoes, the best car- and I can honestly say that my heart desires none of those things. After I told my dad again that I didn't know what I wanted, he said, "Jada, you're such a blessed woman". Yes, I agree. I'm blessed, blessed to be content with what I have in life and joyful in the things that God has blessed me with.

The sermon at church today was on Matthew 6:19-24. I never want to desire things of this earth, but I know that I have and will again fail at this. If God provides a way and the money for me to have earthly possessions, I'll have them and be thankful for them. If God doesn't, I won't have them, and I'll be thankful for all of the many blessings God has given me. God has blessed me more than I could ever know.

No comments: