Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rain

I woke up in the middle of the night to rain pelting the window. I was so happy to hear it, I woke Dan up to tell him to listen to the rain. I'm watching it rain right now outside. It has been months since we've had a rainy day around here. We've had a few showers here and there, but nothing to fight this drought we're in.

I was thinking about how badly we've needed rain for months, but God has just now sent a significant amount to help us. It reminds me of life sometimes. Last semester was really hard for me, no matter how much I cried and stressed, God didn't come to rescue me from the hard time. He gave me the strength to make it through, but didn't rescue me. We've needed rain for so long. The ground is dry, crops are dying, wildfires are flourishing... God has allowed us to stay in a bad situation. When I'm in a bad situation, I never want to get dry, I never want my spiritual fruits to die, and I never want sin to flourish in my life.

God was good during the last storm in my life. I have never felt closer to Him. Although there was a storm raging outside, I was joyous.

The rain reminded me of God's faithfulness and His love. He is forever faithful. Even when we think we're alone, He's there. Even when our lives are in turmoil, He is right beside us. Even when we feel he is far, far away, He's just a prayer away.

"I believe in the sun even when it isn't shining.
I believe in love even when I am alone.
I believe in God even when He is silent."

Thank you Jesus for the rain.

No comments: