Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Catching the vision

"Those who catch the vision are ready to follow the Lamb wherever he leads. And as they follow in the spirit of joyful adventure, their path becomes clear before them and they are given power to fulfill their high calling. They are those who have the courage to break through conventionalities, who care not at all what the world thinks of them because they are entirely taken up with the tremendous reality of Christ." --Amy Carmichael

I want to be "entirely taken up with the tremendous reality of Christ". I like to think that I am, but when I really sit down and evaluate parts of my life- I realize that there are more parts of my life that I need to give to Jesus. My quiet times, our marriage, how I spend me free time, how we spend our money, how I treat my husband, my relationships with family and friends, what I eat, how much I exercise, my school work, what I watch, not allowing myself to be okay with hearing curse words or even "not so bad" sex scenes on a PG13 movie- everything- every single little, nonimportant thing I do needs to be "taken up" with Christ. Its easy to say "Take all of me", but until I sit down and evaluate- I don't realize how much I haven't given to Him. Everything I do needs to be a reflection of Him.

Thats hard to grip. And every time I conquer something new and make it glorify Christ- I realize there is something else to change. Even though I will never be perfect, I am so thankful to serve a Saviour that is forgiving and will continually be with me and guide me through this journey. No matter how unperfect I am, Jesus loves me and will always be my Lord and Heavenly father.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments: