Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

7 days!

It's so hard to believe that I'm 7 [school] days away from completing my first year of teaching. I've known for a long time that I wanted to be a teacher and I worked really hard 4 years in college to get to the point of becoming a teacher. I always planned on teaching in Clemson, SC- but God has a way of changing plans. I'm finishing my 1st year of teaching in Charlotte, NC and couldn't be more happy about it. I'm amazed at all Jesus has done this school year. For the past few weeks, I've left work thinking- this is the abundant life that God has called me to have. All 90 of my 1st class of fifth graders will always have a special place in my heart. I'm so thankful and can't wait for next school year... but not before summer break!

My summer break's calendar has quickly filled up and includes lots of traveling! Somethings I'm looking forward to are Phoenix, Grand Canyon, visiting Dan's family (unfortunately, without Dan), my mother-in-law having her last surgery dealing with breast cancer, hiking vacation with Dan, family vacation on Topsail Island, being 2/3 of the way done with grad school, and having some lazy days...

:)

No comments: