Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Recent Happenings.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. I normally hate Valentine's day. I don't think there should have to be a day to be romantic or special to your significant other. I think its sad that Valentine's Day may be the only day that some women get flowers or the only day a couple might turn off the television, light candles during dinner, and just enjoy each others company. Dan and I have never done anything big for Valentine's Day in an attempt to hold us accountable to treat each other that way all year round. Last night, we cooked dinner and lit candles and talked for hours. No cards, no flowers, no candy... it was perfect. I've always said that getting flowers on a random day are SO much better than getting them on Valentine's Day or an anniversary. I'm so thankful for a wonderful man who treats me like its Valentine's Day all year long.

We went yesterday and adopted a cat! She is the most precious thing. She's about 10 months old and was a stray before being brought to the shelter, where she has been since December. We will get Sadie on Wednesday! I'll post pictures of her soon.

We went hiking again last weekend. I couldn't believe there was snow! The place is only about 35 miles from us and we haven't seen a single flake all year. It was even more weird being there in shorts and short sleeves because it was more than 70 degrees outside with more than a foot of snow on the ground. We stopped on the way back home to watch the sunset at Bald Rock. Simply Astonishing.

No comments: